Information I Collect
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information, such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order of a dog tag, for example), if you contact me directly.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies and payment intermediaries. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
Your order details are not stored on any system outside of Woocommerce. Confirmation emails received by Baxters Boutique to advise of new orders are deleted as soon as orders are completed.
If you subscribe to our newsletter then your email address is held within a Mailchimp account for this sole purpose
Your payments details are not stored by Baxters Boutique - payments are taken by a third party (Paypal or Stripe) who are both compliant with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard, card details are not passed on to us.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account username and password and for all activities that occur under your account, so please take precautions to ensure your details are kept confidential and secure. Inform us immediately if you have any reason to believe that your username and/or password information is no longer secure.
Please ensure the details you provide us with on registration are correct and complete and inform us immediately of any changes to those details (e.g. change of email or postal address) as it may result in parcels being sent to old addresses for which we are not at fault.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Cheryl Chown, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at email@example.com